Sometimes, you don’t want someone showing up on your Snapchat’s recent list.
Your recents consist of those who you have snapped most recently, and if you don’t snap very many people, they can stay on your list for a long time.
Whether you want to completely forget about someone or you just want to hide someone from appearing on your recents list, don’t worry. Removing them is quick and easy, and they will be completely hidden until one of you snaps each other again (in which case, you could just repeat the process.)
In this article, I’ll show you how to clear your recents and delete your Snapchat history. This process can also be used to hide someone on Snapchat without having to block them.
How To Clear Your Recents And Delete History On Snapchat
The entire process is very straightforward, and can be easily memorized if you need to clear your Snapchat history often.
Here are the step-by-step instructions, which work on both iPhone and Android phones, as well as iPads and other tablets:
1. Open the Snapchat app, and click on the Bitmoji icon in the top-left to pull up your page.
2. Click on the gear icon in the top-right hand corner, to pull up your settings.
3. Scroll down until you reach the ‘Clear Conversations’ setting, and tap on it. This will pull up a list of your recent contacts.
4. From here, you can delete Snapchat friends from your recents list by clicking the X on the right-hand side of your screen.
5. Finally, a box will pop up confirming that you want to clear the conversation. Once you click the ‘clear’ button, the contact will be remove from your recents list and your Snap history will be deleted. As the window points out, this won’t delete any saved messages, simply clear the conversation from your home screen when the Snapchat app is opened.
There you have it! This is one way to clear a bunch of people from your recents list very quickly.
If there’s only one person you want to remove though, there’s an even faster way which I’ll share now.
Removing A Single Person From Your Recents List
If you only have one person that you want to remove, doing it this way might be even faster. This is great way to hide someone without having to block them!
1. Open up Snapchat, and go to your home page. Find the contact you want to remove, and hold down on their name for a moment to bring up the box demonstrated in the picture above. Then, tap on ‘View Profile’.
2. Once on their profile page, click on the three dots in the upper-right hand corner. In this example, the person I’m trying to remove from my recents isn’t someone I’ve added as a friend, but the process is exactly the same regardless.
3. This will bring up a box as demonstrated above. Click on the ‘Clear Conversation’ button, then click ‘Clear’ on the confirmation that pops up. This will then clear this person from your Recents list, and they will be fully deleted from your home page until one of you snaps or messages each other again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s now go over some similar frequently asked questions that you may also be interested in.
How Do You Hide Or Remove Best Friends On Snapchat?
The easiest way to do this would be to temporarily clear the person you’re trying to hide from your recents list, using the instructions above.
Then, send lots of snaps to someone else who you’re okay with appearing as a best friend.
In dire situations, you could always make additional Snapchat accounts and send Snaps to yourself.
All-in-all, it comes down to interacting with that specific person less, and interacting with other people more. This will also remove other emojis such as the sunglasses, blushing face, and hearts.
How Do You Reset Or Hide Your Snap Score?
Unfortunately, there is no way to hide your Snap Score. The only way to prevent someone from seeing it is to block them.
Note that when your Snap Score goes up, people can’t see who you’re Snapchatting with, just that you’re sending or opening Snapchats with someone. If you are in a situation where somebody is monitoring your Snapchat activity by your Snap Score, they may know you are snapping someone even if you clear them from your recents.
I wanted to mention this so you can plan for it (though that sounds like the type of person you should probably be trying to distance yourself from!)
How Do You Clear Your Snapchat Search History?
Clearing your search history on Snapchat is simple, and can be done using almost the same exact process as clearing your recents.
Simply visit your ‘Settings’ page, and scroll down until you reach the option that says ‘Clear Search History’. In this section, you can also clear your Cameos selfie, your scan history, voice scan history, and sticker searches.
How Do You Clear Recents On PC / Mac / Linux?
Currently, the only way to use Snapchat on a computer is to use an Android emulator. The only exception to this is on a Chromebook or downloading the Android app on a Windows 11 computer.
If using an Android emulator, the process of clearing your recents is exactly the same as it is on phone. Just visit your settings, go down to ‘Clear Conversations’, and select the conversations that you would like to delete.
Note that if you sign into a second device, Snapchat may log you out of the first one.
How Do You Prevent People From Showing Up On Your Recents?
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent people from showing up on your recents entirely. If they snap you or you snap them, they are automatically going to be moved to the top of your recents list.
The only way to keep them off is to stay proactive about removing them, using the methods taught in this article.
Removing someone from your recents list and deleting your Snapchat history with someone only takes a few seconds.
While it’s frustrating there’s no way to completely hide someone, if you stay on top of things you can effectively keep them off of your recents list indefinitely.
I hope that this article has been helpful to you. If there are any questions I can answer, please feel free to ask them using the comment form below.
Thank you for reading,
– James McAllister