Receiving notifications when somebody posts is an incredibly useful feature on Instagram, especially for pages you really care about.
When people turn on notifications for your posts, it goes a long way to increasing your visibility and ensuring that your posts are actually seen.
But is there any way to see who has post notifications turned on for your Instagram page?
In this article, we’ll cover everything that you need to know!
Can You See Who Has Post Notifications Turned On With Instagram?
Unfortunately, there is no way to view a list of all the accounts that have post notifications turned on for your page.
While there are signs you can look for that may indicate someone has your notifications turned on, there isn’t a way to verify this information directly. Although we hope Instagram implements this feature at some point in the future, there seems to be no plans to add it any time soon.
After all, finding out who has notifications enabled for your Instagram page would certainly be useful, which is why people have been requesting it ever since the notification system was released.
Although it’s unfortunate that Instagram hasn’t added it, there are still other things you can do that will help you make some predictions. While none of these methods are 100% accurate, they can give you an idea.
Look For The First People To Interact With Your Posts
If someone has post notifications turned on, they will receive a push notification on their device notifying them whenever you make a new post.
This will prompt them to open up the app and check out what you’ve posted. This means they’ll usually be one of the first people to see it.
Because those with push notifications turned on are likely your biggest fans and most engaged followers, these people are also likely to like, comment or share the post shortly after viewing it.
Therefore, if you want to see who has notifications turned on, it would be a good idea to view who has engaged shortly after each post. After a few times, you’re likely to see some patterns regarding who is the first to open it.
Those without notifications turned on won’t be able to come across your post until they decide to browse through Instagram, and let’s be honest – most people don’t spend all day on social media. Therefore, if somebody likes your posts several hours after publishing it, chances are that person does not have post notifications turned on.
Check Their Phone – Or Ask Them!
Finally, if you want a guaranteed way to find out if a specific person has notifications turned on for your posts, the only guaranteed way is to find out directly.
This could either be by politely asking them, or by checking your page while logged into their Instagram account (with their permission, of course.)
Most people consider it to be a good thing if someone has notifications turned on for their posts – it indicates they really care about what you have to share. Therefore, if you simply ask someone whether or not they have notifications turned on, they’re likely to be honest with their response.
How To Encourage More People To Turn Post Notifications On
Having post notifications turned on drastically increases the likelihood that someone will see your posts. In today’s competitive feed, most of your followers will never see each post that you share. Therefore, you can improve your reach drastically by getting people to turn post notifications on.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Make sure your content is high quality and engaging. This is the first and most important step. If your content is not interesting, people will not want to see it, let alone turn on notifications for your page. People turn notifications on for only the best pages, that consistently post quality content they don’t want to miss out on. Always keep this in mind!
2. Use attractive visuals. People are more likely to engage with content that is easy on the eyes. Make sure your photos are well-lit and in focus, and your videos are clear and concise.
3. Use relevant hashtags. Hashtags are a great way to get your content in front of more people. Use relevant, popular hashtags that relate to your niche or industry. This will increase your overall reach beyond just your current followers.
4. Run giveaways and contests. Everyone loves a good giveaway, so use this to your advantage! Host a contest or giveaway on your page and encourage people to turn on notifications for your page so they don’t miss out – or make this a requirement for entry to the contest. Note however that many people will turn notifications back off when the contest is over.
5. Encourage it. Sometimes people just need a gentle push to turn notifications on. Depending on your following, they may not even know that a feature like that is available!
Do You Get A Notification When Someone Turns Post Notifications On?
No. Unfortunately, there is no way to find out when somebody has turned post notifications on for your Instagram profile.
Additionally, it’s impossible to view the total number of people that have them turned on for your account.
Unfortunately, there is no way to view all of the Instagram accounts that have post notifications turned on for your page.
However, by paying attention to the first people that interact with your new posts, you can get a general idea.
I hope that you’ve found this article helpful. If you have any other questions about Instagram, please ask them using the comment form below.
Wishing you the best,
– James McAllister