Have you ever ran into the error message “Burst limit exceeded” when using DoorDash’s dasher app?
This error message is confusing and frustrating, particularly if you are actively trying to do deliveries when it occurs.
But what does the burst limit exceeded error mean, and is there any way to fix it?
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Burst Limit Exceeded Meaning
The burst limit exceeded error message occurs when something goes wrong on DoorDash’s backend.
In order to work properly, the Dasher app has to connect to DoorDash’s servers, and pull data from the internet in real time. Unfortunately, this error is caused by an issue on DoorDash’s end – not from the app itself. It tends to affect large numbers of DoorDash drivers all at once, and can last anywhere from minutes to hours.
Thankfully it tends to be fixed rather quickly, however.
This is similar to other DoorDash errors, such as error 400, 403, 401, 406, 408, 500, 504, 599, 502, 503, and 530.
Fixing The Burst Limit Exceeded Error On DoorDash
Unfortunately, because this is an error caused by DoorDash servers, there isn’t really anything you can do to fix it except to wait.
That being said, you may wish to try some other troubleshooting steps in the meantime. While these aren’t guaranteed to fix the error, they certainly couldn’t hurt. In some cases, we’ve heard of other DoorDash errors being fixed by following some of these troubleshooting steps:
- Check if DoorDash is down using their official support Twitter.
- Force closing (swiping it away, rather than simply going to your home screen) and reopening the app. This will force the entire app to completely reload.
- Changing your internet connection. Switch to Wi-Fi if you re on data if you’re able to do so. If on Wi-Fi, switch to mobile data.
- Check your device’s app store to see if there are any updates available for the Dasher app.
- Fully restart your phone.
- As a last resort, delete the Dasher app and reinstall it from the app store.
- Contact DoorDash support. If the issue is known and affecting other drivers, they may be able to provide more information as well as an ETA on when the issue will be fixed.
The best thing you can do is simply to wait. Because DoorDash loses money each second their platform is experiencing issues, they usually fix things quite quickly.
The burst limit exceeded DoorDash error is frustrating, because there’s little you can do to fix it on your own.
However, if you wait a few minutes and try again, chances are the error will be fixed.
I hope this article has provided some clarifying issue, and I apologize that there isn’t an easy fix for this error.
Hopefully, DoorDash improves their platform each time a serious issue affects drivers, and these issues will become less frequent over time.
Thank you for reading,
– James McAllister